Episode #759 – Steam Deck, Diablo Immortal, and My Little Pony?
Intro: So excited for the Steamdeck Podcast!
“I wanna do a Sandra Bullock VR episode” – John
Voicemail #1: wOnda wants the Quarry
10 sec. spotlight:
- Risk of Rain 2 – Rogue-like sci-fi co-op shooter. All the hyphenated adjectives!
- more Path of Exile – Sentinel(again)
- Diablo Immortal
- Everybody loves Vampires / wanting Vader Immortal / Pussy Posse
- Drinking: Coke Zero & water
- (Gamepass) Sniper Elite 5 multiplayer (again) – Fun as shit
- Death’s Door – You’re a crow
- Steamdeck Surprise !! aaaaaaahh!!
- “Holy fuck, this is obnoxiously large” – John
- Switch has a better screen / played Vampire Survivor
- A tinkerer’s dream / it’s not locked down / Lutris
- Diablo working in deck mode / tried a bunch of shit
- Problems – controller disconnecting / key-mouse not reliable
- Chrono trigger laggy / cyberspunk locked @ 30fps, base settings
- “It was great, it was great, it was truly fukking great!” – john
- yooka / Sonic / V rising / Vamp Survivors / EMUdeck
- A tab called Discover / Switch it on / No kickstand
- This is just the beginning …
- Drinking: Finish longdrink legend of 52
Guest Host: Matto (aka, @MattoMcFly )
- (Gamepass) Disc Room – Dodging sawblades. lots of sawblades
- My Little Pony – A Maretime Bay Adventure – It’s for kinds (wink wink)
- John takes over Matt’s 10 seconds
- Drinking: nope
Roundtable: Diablo Immortal
- Pay to win. Pay a lot.
- “This is not a mobile game, this is fukking D3” – Michelle
- “I was doing WASD on my PC” – John
- mobile gaming is predatory
- You’re grinding for naught, you’ll never keep up (with paid players)
- It’s a $50,000 Gem of a game
- They didn’t think they could get away with putting this on PC
- Phil can’t fix this greedy, scumbag move.
- What are the odds? / What is a game?
- Highly recommended, except for the fortune to play
- No controller sync for Steamdeck
- Matt enjoyed it
- Top ten most played Steamdeck games
- Xbox Goldeneye remaster
- The Switch needs DLSS
- WWDC22 – this is how you make a VR
- Phil Spenser’s play history – is it a tease?
Voicemail #2: V Rising hype train and dedicated servers and sorting
Next week: VR Show – bring the Bullock