Episode #510 – Special Guest Ben Heck & The Nintendo Playstation!
Intro: John’s resume is now on the webpage and Ben Heck is here!
Brofest (Link) and the Southern Fried Expo
Voicemail #1: (520) FEEL-VGO – Niche is not a German philosopher.
10 sec. spotlight:
- A bit of Prey (again) but the game, not just the Beta
- Prey crafting and an awesome world
- porno studio anyone?
- Birthdays the Beginning
- NBA Playgrounds – like Jam and Street mashup – also on Switch
- Drinking: Core Water
PUBG beat a guy down
- My dog ate my controller
- rented Ghost Recon Wildlands – tired of the formula and “clunky”
- Scott sent him 3 games and Flight Sim wins! (Stream) – Flying is boring, and hard.
- Zelda is still not calling, but PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds is! (again)
- Rooftop beatdown
- Drinking: Acadia Natural Spring Water
Voicemail #2: Mr. J thinks Matt is voicing all the guest hosts
Voicemail #3: dude sayz should I buy a 2nd hand Switch?
Guest Host Ben Heck!
- Atari800 memories
- Origin story and tech talk @ Nintendo Playstation Prototype working
- Scorpio is the Next-Gen console and Teraflops is bullshit
- M$ should buy Nintendo and game industry analysis
- Discs are stupid
- Element14.com / @BenHeck / The Ben Heck Show (YouTube)
Ben Heck’s say on Microsoft and all the recent console history/facts was interesting/fun. It would be good to have a new console and not just .5 upgrade. Time to kill that shit of a plastic can they call Xbox One! We need next-gen games!
Ben got a bit technical for me and a lot of it went over my head, but I agree with almost every prediction he made about the future of consoles… Though there’s no way Microsoft would ever buy Nintendo. And even if they did, the company wouldn’t be the same (see Rare).
Also, I booked a room to go up to Fun Spot the day before I listened to the podcast… for exactly one week before Bro Fest. whomp whomp
Love your show, you both are funny.
Thanks for the notes, John uploaded the video and clip we referenced so I embedded them in. Beat Downs incoming!
The beatdown clip was fukkin hillarious.
OMG, I’ve watched that 4 times already and I peed a little each time. “He’s hurt, he’s hurt – KICK HIS ASS !!!”